Hi, and thanks for visiting our site. I’m James Bailey the President and CEO of the Leading Learner’s Institute. LLI is a coaching and consulting firm for schools and educational leaders.
At LLI we are on a mission to help leaders and schools prepare for the future through our products and service offerings. Our website is a place to come and gather the latest ideas on leader productivity, future planning, capacity building, and social emotional learning.
Let me share some quick information with you.
- I have been a teacher, elementary principal, high school principal, assistant superintendent, superintendent, turn-around leader, university professor, consultant, and executive coach.
- I write and curate the LLI newsletter
- I have a Ph.D from the University of Colorado-Denver
- I have an executive coaching certificate from Northwestern University
- I am a big advocate of coaching for educational leaders
- I believe we need more social-emotional learning for all in schools including the adults
- I advocate that ongoing learning is the key strategy for navigating toward the future at all levels- individual, team, and organizational
- I believe we have to be proactive in schools and create the future through innovation and knowledge creation
- I love my family, our dogs, and the Boston Red Sox!
Transforming education leadership and organizations
We make research actionable for leaders to impact learning for all
At LLI we have:
- Coached an executive director on productivity and time management
- Consulted with a BOCES to develop a leadership support system
- Written a book on Principal Productivity
- Consulted with a charter school on their turnaround efforts
- Consulted with schools on using improvement science to improve student achievement
- Helped schools use design thinking to create new outcomes for students
- Led a district’s move toward more personalized learning
- Designed a complete advisory curriculum for a school
- Advised a tech startup company on their SEL platform
- Written part of an online SEL curriculum
- Started writing a second book on the ideas of capacity building as learning
- Partnered with BTS-Spark to bring more coaching for educational leaders to the United States.
- From Coast to Cliff: Making Personalized Learning Stick. Presented at the Education Elements Personalized Learning Summit.
- Blended Learning in Rural Districts: Big Successes in Small School Systems. Presented at the iNACOL conference.
- Points in Time in a Personalized Learning Implementation: Lessons Learned and Next Steps for Big Thinkers. Presented at the iNACOL conference.
- Principal Capacity for the Wyoming Educational Accountability Act. Presented to the annual Wyoming School Boards Association Meeting.
- School Leader Focus and Productivity
- Preparing for the Future
- Building Learning Capacity
- Personalized learning
- Social Emotional Learning
One More Thing Before You Go
Join more than 5000 educational leaders who subscribe to our newsletter